Tuesday 6 January 2009

Where the rich and famous spend their holidays

Happy New Year to you all out there!
Latest news from this island out here coming up soon:)

With temperatures ranging from a max 28 C in the daytime and a minimal 24C in the nighttime, no wonder this piece of land is a winter haven, especially at this time of the year.

So, parked right outside 7 Mile Beach, for a few days now, this really large yacht has made its appearance and spent the whole holidays season.....



The picture is probably not doing it justice, but maybe you can get a more of an idea of the size of this baby if you related to the helicopter from the upper right corner.
This, ladies and gentleman, is the 20th largest yacht of the world, called Tatoosh, and belonging to the other Microsoft guy, Paul Allen. It is 300 feet long, helicopter and up to 6 other boats on board, swimming pool, private movie theater and a submarine. And has spent Christmas time in Grand Cayman.
Yes, ladies and gentleman, me and Paul Allen, on the 1st of January, where looking at the same turquoise waters. Me, basking in the sun in a balcony from 7 Mile Beach and looking towards his boat; him, basking in the sun on his yacht, looking towards 7 Mile Beach.
Well....good for me if I can say so myself:)
Of course I will pay very dearly this moments of self enchantment as you will read in my next post and remember myself that I am but a humble vet after all, but more of that in the post to come.

PS My Windows wanted to update so I said why not? Go and update. (although I am pretty sure I did this before...however this time I got caught. Caught for using a not-so-expensive romanian version of it, long story short; now I have a black desktop and the "this copy of windows is not genuine" label ...whatever...) I feel like telling the guy, come on, mate, we practically know each other since we both spent Christmas in the same location.... give me a break will you?!)

PPS Even this very rich guy must have its bad days. What's the use to have such a big boat, if not far from where he is at, the cruise ships park daily unloading their 2-3000 daily visitors. Even his huge boat fades in comparison to those mammut cruise ships:)

No comments: