Thursday 19 June 2008

Life's surprises

It was a very busy practice with 4 vets on duty. Then one of us takes a 3 week holiday break. Just days after, another vet, which also happends to be a very nice boss, is taken to intensive care due to a lung clot. So now we are 2, and the days (and evenings on call) have suddently became longer, and 3 weekends in a row spent at work will become history.
I'll make it thou...but it won't be easy:)
On a positive note thou, a brief of latest events:
1) i did my first bladder-urethral-tomy in a female dog. there were lots of small stones and grit in the the bladder of a 15 year old dog. After the cystotomy i still couldn't pass the catheter and so i decided to cut up the urethra as well, about 3 cm away from the origin. good decision, the urethral walls were impregnated with loads of grit. ah, the feeling when i finally passed the catheter and left an indwelling patent urinary catheter.... the dog is ancient, but holding on strong really well. it's been 2 days already. she even ate today. still waiting for the report on the stone analysis. she has had them 2 years ago, had been on a urinary diet...interesting.
2) i have a week to go till my third overall but first large canine FHO. i don't look forward.... but we have to get it done.
3) finally acquired my first SLR camera YES!, a brand spanking new EOS 450D. still saving up for a lens, so for the time being the body-only stays quiet in one corner of my room.
4) and finally, as one dear friend would say, "we can live from holiday to holiday". I have a small one coming my way, in about 3 weeks, a few days spent in Costa Rica. It's quite close to this corner of the world, and my new camera will have volcanoes, rain forests and loads of other great stuff to shoot.
Thou I must confess I am already freaking out at the prospect of the many snakes any decent rain forest shelters:)))
I am off to sleep now... zzzzz

1 comment:

irimuk said...

1. ce ai aflat la analiza pietrelor la catelusa pe care ai operat-o?
2.ce inseamna FHO?
3. felicitari pt camera, bestiale pozele din costa rica!