Saturday 1 March 2008

Terra Nova

It took a crazy idea, 4 months of waiting, many documents processed, unexpected bumps on the road, 24 hours of travel time (thou only 18 effective flight time), and I finally set foot on the Grand Cayman Island.
Spectacular flight over Bahamas, missed all else due to...night time fly.

The weather stroke me as a normal romanian summer evening, with more humidity added. It was windy, and as I finally reached my bed that night, I felt more alone then ever...somewhere far far away. I promised to myself it would be the last time I would leap like that into the unknown...and finally fall asleep, listening to palm tries maddened by wind.

As I woke up the next day, I felt to be taking part of a Garcia Marques novel. It's lush green, colourfull. All sorts of races mixted together. Warm. Somewhat humid. Noisy. Coconut trees. Little colonial type of houses everywhere, with wild chickens running around. A heavy rain fall every now and then.

They all said nothing happends fast in the Carraibean...and yet within 3 hours I had a valid caymanian drivers licence, a bank account, a phone number, and groceries made. And having met my new work place. ...

But that's a whole new story. Tune in tomorrow.
yours, very tired

1 comment:

Andreea said...

Un scurt mesaj de felicitari de pe o insula ploioasa (inainte de consult hours :)

Alinetu :)